Get into the Christmas spirit..
1. Brave the cold and take a bracing walk to gather holly and ivy to make a wreath. Wrap it round a circle of florists' wire, decorate with baubles and hang on the front door.
2. Light a lantern and go carol singing down your street to raise money for a local charity.
3. Fill the house with seasonal scents and make a pomander. Take an orange, stick it with cloves and tie it up with pretty ribbon.
4. Wrap up warm and set off on a winter scavenger hunt for animal tracks, pine cones, berries, seed heads and different coloured leaves.
5. Make some star shaped biscuits to hang on the tree. Make a hole in them for the ribbon before they are baked.